Robins & Morton was founded in 1946 by Todd Robins. Known then as Robins Engineering, the company’s first project was an 800-square-foot gas station on the east side of Birmingham, Alabama. From there, Robins Engineering went on to focus on the engineering, design, and construction of steel mills across the South and Midwest in its first 20 years of business.
Our company’s evolution into a healthcare leader began in 1976 with the construction of Downtown General Hospital in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The successful delivery of that healthcare project was the first step in propelling Robins & Morton from its status as a modest, regional construction firm to one of the top contractors in the United States. We’ve successfully completed over 1,500 projects in 35 states but are most proud to say that nearly 80 percent of our business comes from repeat clients, many of whom we’ve partnered with for more than a decade. And referrals from these satisfied clients are the source of many of our new opportunities.
Today, Robins & Morton continues to elevate the construction practice and actively partner with our clients to meet and exceed their operational goals. By applying Lean construction principles to our business, we collaborate with clients, designers and trade partners to streamline workflow and achieve superior results—often early and under budget.